THE 23rd ANNUAL CHRISTMAS PAGEANT IS COMING!!!!
RIDEAU PARK CHRISTMAS PAGEANT 2022
My name is Andrea and I’m the Director of the Christmas PK CHRIageant. I am very happy to announce that we are back IN PERSON for the 23rd annual Christmas Pageant at Rideau Park United Church. I am incredibly proud of everyone for keeping our tradition alive with our virtual Pageants in 2021 & 2022 and I am SO happy that we will be back performing in the Sanctuary for 2022.
DATE: Sunday, December 11th at 10:00 a.m.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: All babies, toddlers, waddlers, children, youth, teens & young adults
HOW DO WE GET INVOLVED: Sign up online NOW by emailing me (Andrea) at email@example.com or by texting me at 613-762-1777. Please let me know your participant’s name, age, grade in school (if applicable) and any preference they might have for what role they will play. Sign-up will run from NOW UNTIL OCTOBER 31st. Once I receive everyone’s sign-up information, I will write the script to match whoever wants to be involved! Participants will receive their scripts on Sunday, November 6th via email.
We rehearse for a few Sundays leading up to the Pageant – we meet in the lower hall at Rideau Park (Brackenridge Hall) right after church (around 11 a.m.). Our youngest participants take on the roles of animals, young shepherds & young angels. They rehearse for about 10 minutes at the beginning of rehearsals (you can take them home afterwards). Older participants stay for the full rehearsals (listed below). Everyone who wants to have a speaking part will get one! Those more comfortable in a “chorus” role will be accommodated as will anyone wanting to work backstage – we need stage hands too!
1) Sunday November 13th – Rehearsal #1 – 11:00 – 1:00 p.m. (all animals, angel chorus & shepherd chorus stay for the first 10 minutes ONLY; older participants stay until 1:00 p.m. Older participants are encouraged to bring a lunch)
2) Sunday, November 20th – Rehearsal #2 – 11:00 – 1:00 p.m. COSTUMES will be fitted at this rehearsal. Please note that we will start with our youngest participants rehearsing and then being fitted so our “littles” will need to stay a little longer today. Older participants will stay for the whole rehearsal as usual and are encouraged to bring a lunch.
3) Sunday, November 27th – NO REHEARSAL (Advent Happening – watch for more information)
4) Sunday, December 4th – Rehearsal #3 – 11:00 – 1:00 p.m. (all animals, angel chorus & shepherd chorus stay for the first 10 minutes ONLY; older participants stay until 1:00 p.m. Older participants are encouraged to bring a lunch)
5) SATURDAY, DECEMBER 10th – MANDATORY DRESS REHEARSAL – 9:30 a.m. – NOON (approx). This is our ONLY opportunity to practice with a stage and with our microphones and it is mandatory for all participants to be at this rehearsal. Our youngest participants can leave once they have rehearsed their parts; older participants will do one FULL run-through and then we will have a second, faster run-through of specific scenes where we need to work on staging or microphones.
6) Sunday, December 11th – Pageant LIVE and in person @ the 10:00 a.m. service (also live-streamed).
Please note: The Pageant and Rehearsals will be a welcoming space for all – the Pageant will be mask-friendly for those choosing masks and fully open to those choosing not to wear masks as well.
For more information or to sign up, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 613-762-1777. I am SUPER excited to be back in person. I am looking forward to hearing from you before October 31st,
Andrea Laliberté, Director