Updated July 22, 2021
Calling all crafters! If you plan to contribute any pieces for the craft table at the outdoor mini Bazaar on Saturday, September 25, please let crafts convener Ruth Scobie know.
This year, we’re planning a hybrid bazaar – part in-person and part online. The in-person portion is a mini bazaar at the church in September, and the online portion will take place the first week of November.
(Public health guidelines permitting)
Saturday, September 25, 2021, 10am to 4pm
At Rideau Park
Mini Bazaar: Books, Crafts, General Store, Ladies’ Boutique
Possibly a Silent Auction – this may be online in November, TBD
Monday, November 1 to Friday, November 5, 2021
Online, on the Rideau Park website
Food Bazaar: Baking, deli items, including frozen soup, jams/jellies, pickles and relish, take-out tea (sandwiches, squares and a tea bag!)
Pick-up: Saturday, November 6, 2021, from 10am to 4pm
REQUEST FOR DONATIONS
Jams/Jellies/Pickles & Relish-Makers: We’d love to get a few jars of your home-made goodies to sell in November.
Ladies’ Boutique: due to space, storage and volunteer limitations this fall, we’re restricting ourselves to a maximum of 150 items in good or great condition. Nothing can be dropped at the church this year; things will be stored at the volunteers’ homes until the event. So we’ll be judging the donations more strictly than usual. If you can take a picture of the item first, and send it to us, that would be very helpful.
This is what we’re looking for:
PLEASE – nothing chipped, cracked or broken.
CHINA, GLASSWARE, TEACUPS/SAUCERS, ETC.
- Full sets of crystal glassware (at least 4 per set)
- Full sets of dishes
- Decorative teacups and saucers
- Condiment/candy dishes
- Silver-plated or sterling silver trays
- Pyrex mixing bowls
- Pyrex casserole dishes with lids
- Corelle-ware items
- Royal Doulton or Lladro type figurines
- Sterling silver flatware
- Good quality miniatures (i.e. Limoges)
PLEASE – no knickknacks, no mugs unless high quality sets, no silver-plated tea sets or scratched/marked silver-plated anything.
- Wool blankets
- Nice pillow cases
- Comforter sets
- Tablecloths (no stains or burns)
- Table runners, specifically lace
- Nice towel/facecloth sets and dish cloths
PLEASE – no material remnants or gloves, dolls or knickknacks.
- Wallets of good quality
- Purses with name brands, such as Coach, Dooney & Burke
- Scarves in good condition
- Soap or perfume sets, unopened
- Matching candles in nice sets
- Anything sterling
- High-end costume or fashion jewellery
- Good quality vintage jewellery/brooches
- Pewter pins
- Semi-precious stone earrings/necklaces, bracelets
PLEASE – no plastic or unmatched pieces.
Sue Davidson for Linens and China/Glassware, 613-296-4709 (cell) or 613-737-1099 (home) or email@example.com
Janet Lemoine, 613-822-8642 or firstname.lastname@example.org for Jewellery and also Linens