Celebration of Life Service for Liz Waldron
Following the Government of Ontario guidelines, Rideau Park has determined we can have 75 people (not including ushers and worship leaders) for in-person funeral and memorial services. To attend in person, you must register by clicking on the “Register” button above. Please register by 3pm on the day before the service. You should receive an email confirmation once you have registered. Below are the guidelines that must be followed. Please note that the service will also be livestreamed (click on the Watch Live link shortly before the service starts).
- Limit of 75 people in the pews (distanced within household bubbles) plus ministers, musicians, webcasters and ushers.
- Enter by the Sanctuary door on Alta Vista (ushers will seat you starting at the front of the church and you must remain in your bubble in your assigned seats). When you enter the church, your name will be verified on the reservation list and you will be asked standard COVID-19 screening questions.
- At the end of the service, remain in your pew until the ushers direct you to exit by the middle door on Cunningham.
- NO singing by the congregation at this time (Ottawa Public Health rules prohibit it at the moment). Singing by musicians only with the appropriate mask/shield in place.
- Masking is still mandatory while in the church and you must sanitize your hands upon entering the church.
- The service will be contactless. There will be no bulletins or papers and hymn books and Bibles have been removed from the pews.
- There will be no food or drink reception after the service. You may socialize and visit the family outside the building, while maintaining social distancing.
- The only bathroom available is located near the middle door on Cunningham. There will be wipes to use to wipe down the surfaces for the next occupant.
The sanctuary is wheelchair-accessible.