There are several ways in which you can provide financial support to Rideau Park. There is the traditional offering plate on Sunday mornings, but many members and friends choose to make regular donations automatically from their bank accounts by Pre-Authorized Remittance (PAR).
Most recently, Rideau Park has registered with CanadaHelps, an organization that faciliates online donations to any registered Canadian charity.
To make a donation at any time, simply click on the “Donate Now” button to the right. Donations made online will be acknowledged with a receipt sent by CanadaHelps (not by Rideau Park), which can be used for Income Tax purposes. When making a donation, you may, if you wish, designate your gift to any of several funds, including any of the funds supported by the annual Stewardship Campaign:
- Ministry and Programs Fund
- Mission and Service Fund
- Property Renewal Fund
- The Rideau Park Foundation
- the United Church Women (UCW)
For more information about CanadaHelps, you can visit the CanadaHelps website.
Would you like to invest in the future of Rideau Park United? Historically, our church has benefitted from legacy gifts from those who wished to leave something to support the ministry and programs they value. There are many options to ensure your wishes are met through specific instructions.This applies to gifts to Rideau Park or to the United Church of Canada or its established funds. For additional information, please see www.united-church.ca, Legacy Gifts or the chair of the Rideau Park Board of Trustees, email@example.com.
Rideau Park Foundation for Ministry
Faithful stewardship sustains the presence of the church from generation to generation. The Rideau Park Foundation for Ministry is an opportunity for those who value the ministry and presence of Rideau Park United Church to be a part of its ongoing witness and future. This Foundation was established by the congregation in 1994. The vision of those who initiated it was an ongoing way to build new ministry directions.
How you can help:
- Make a donation to the Foundation in memory of, or to honour a family member, friend or member of the RP congregation. Church staff can help you make a contribution and to send appropriate notifications, tax receipts and thank-you cards.
- Name the Foundation as your charity of choice at the time of your death. This helps your family to know that it is your desire to remember the congregation through memorials.
- Make a donation directly to the Foundation. Any size of contribution is welcome. Charitable tax receipts will be issued.
- Include the Foundation in your estate planning. The United Church of Canada and church staff can assist in directing you to information on how to continue your faithfulness to God and future generations of the Church through long-term giving via gift annuities, life insurance and bequests.