For complete information on the re-opening of Rideau Park United Church, click here.
Each week you must register for the worship service you would like to attend in person. From September 13 to October 4, we will welcome up to 20 people in the Sanctuary for worship. This number may be increased to 40 guests in the pews starting Sunday, October 11.
To join in the in-person worship at Rideau Park, there are several precautions that you will have to accept: wearing masks at all times inside the building (unless you are preaching or reading scripture), maintaining a safe distance of 2 metres (6 feet) between you and people not within your bubble, and sanitizing your hands upon entry to the church. There are also many conditions that you will need to respect:
- You will need to make a reservation for your group, either using the on-line reservation system or by phoning Debi Brown or Nancy McPherson. Details are available on the church website or from the office.
- When you make the reservation, you will be required to provide names and contact information for everyone in your group to be used for contact tracing if necessary. It will be necessary to register for a “ticket” to attend in-person worship. To register you simply need to click on the registration link above for the Sunday you wish to attend in person. You will be directed to the registration form. A confirmation email will be sent to you. Reservations can also be made by calling Nancy at 613-737-7339 or Debi at 819-684-1061.
- Entrance to the Sanctuary will be using the doors on Alta Vista Drive at the back of the church only. Exit from the Sanctuary will be using the doors on Cunningham Avenue by Georgina’s office only.
- When you enter the church, your name will be verified on the reservation list. Your temperature will be taken using a touch-less infrared thermometer. You will be asked standard Covid screening questions.
- Ushers will seat you starting at the front of the church. You must remain in your bubble in your assigned seats.
- There will be NO singing or humming, not even quietly.
- There will be no Sunday School or childcare in the church. Your child must remain with you at all times. There are no toys or books available but you may bring your own toys.
- Sunday service will be contactless. There will be no bulletins or papers and hymn books and Bibles have been removed from the pews.
- There will be no coffee or fellowship time before or after the service. Socializing may occur outside the building while maintaining social distancing.
- There will be offering baskets at the entrance and exit from the Sanctuary. The offering will be sealed and counted after 7 days.
- At the end of the service, you will remain in your pew until the ushers direct you to exit. Exiting will begin from the front of the church. 12. The only bathroom available is located outside Georgina’s office. There will be wipes to use to wipe down the surfaces for the next occupant.
All are welcome. The sanctuary is wheelchair-accessible.